The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.
Associate, Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter
Address: 801 North Orange Avenue Suite 830, Top Floor, Orlando, Florida 32801
Phone: (855) 880-4741
Prior to becoming an attorney Fermin Lopez served with the U.S. Army’s 10th Mountain Division in Operation Restore Hope in Somalia, Africa and served as a paratrooper with the 18th Airborne Corps in Ft. Bragg, North Carolina. He finished his undergraduate studies at the University of Central Florida and graduated from the University of Florida College of Law with honors in trial advocacy.
Mr. Lopez is an adjunct professor of Legal Studies at the University of Central Florida and is on the Board of Directors for the Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida.
- University of Central Florida, B.A, 1999
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 2003
Experience and Accomplishments
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Army, Sergeant, 1991–1996
- Fine, Farkash & Parlapiano, Clerk, 2002
- Payas, Payas & Payas, Trial Attorney, 2003–2012
- Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2004
Fermin Lopez was voted by his peers to be one of Florida Trend Magazine’s “Florida Legal Elite” in 2016. Less than 2% of the 61,500 practicing attorneys in Florida are voted into the “Legal Elite” by their peers.
- Central Florida Trial Lawyers, Board of Directors, 2009–2012 (current president)
- Florida Justice Association, 2005–2012
- Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida
- Board of Directors of the Colombo American Medical Association’s Foundation, Orlando FL
- Insurance Law Professor, Barry Law School, 2004 – 2012
- Mock Trial Coach, Barry Law School, 2004 – 2012
- Adjunct Professor of Legal Studies at the University of Central Florida , 2014
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Aid Society-GAL program, 2005–2011
- Barry Law School, 2004–2012