The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.
If you or a loved one was seriously injured or killed in an auto accident, you know how it can change your life in an instant. The Orlando auto accident lawyers at Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter understand that you need help. Not only can we help you by providing experienced and aggressive representation to ensure you recover everything you should, we will also help you find the resources you need and help you deal with the insurance company’s paperwork and red tape.
In short, we’ll be there for you through thick and thin. Call us in Orlando, Florida, today at (855) 880-4741 for a free review of your car accident claim.
Our Orlando, Florida car accident attorneys know first hand the impact that a serious accident can have on your life. One of the most heart wrenching cases we ever handled involved an SUV rollover which paralyzed our client. We know that your life can be changed forever in just a few short moments and, while we can’t turn back the clock, we can help you put your life back together and make sure that you get justice from those who injured you.
What to Do If You Are in an Auto Accident
Here are a few tips to follow in the event that you are involved in an auto accident in Orlando, Florida, or anywhere in the United States:
- Get medical attention: Make sure each person who has been injured receives prompt medical attention. Even if you don’t feel any pain right after the accident, you should be evaluated by a physician. Many times, the adrenalin from being involved in a car accident can mask the pain of injuries that may have been sustained. Although some injuries are not immediately apparent, by getting prompt medical attention, you will have a better idea of the nature and extent of your injuries.
- Contact the authorities: Not only will the police help handle and organize the situation, but they will also make a police report. The police report of your auto accident will often show who the police believe is at fault for the auto accident and may become evidence in your lawsuit.
- Obtain contact information: Make sure you get the contact information of all parties who were involved in, or witnessed, the car accident. Each witness could be called to testify in the lawsuit, and it is important for your lawyer to have the witness’ contact information so he or she can gather and evaluate the evidence. The more information available to your auto accident lawyer, the better he or she will be able to represent you in your claim.
- Obtain vehicle information: After an auto accident, you must get all the vehicle information of all vehicles involved in the accident. This includes driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, insurance companies, insurance policy numbers, vehicle identification numbers (VIN), and the make, model, and year of all cars involved.
- Take pictures: Pictures of your car accident can be helpful during your auto accident claim because they can provide evidence of what happened during the accident and how the accident occurred in the first place. Photos can also be helpful for an accident reconstruction expert.
- Determine what losses and injuries you have suffered: When you or a loved one is involved in an auto accident, the damage is rarely limited to your car. In addition to the physical damage to your vehicle, you may have suffered physical injury yourself and you may also have damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Download accident app: Please download our new Florida accident app, which is designed for auto, semi-truck and motorcycle accidents, and will guide you through all these steps to ensure your safety and help document the motor vehicle accident.
Read more about Rideshare Car Accident Attorneys
If you or a family member has been injured in an auto accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Contact one of the experienced Orlando accident lawyers at Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter by completing our online form or calling (855) 880-4741 today to schedule your initial consultation. We will evaluate your claim for free and represent you on a contingent fee basis, which means we do not get paid any attorneys’ fees unless you recover on your claim.