The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.
Severe auto accidents typically require an attorney who specializes in auto accident claims and knows how to handle your case from beginning to end. Even minor accidents can lead to serious injuries if you don’t receive immediate medical attention. Your auto insurance provider or that of the other driver involved should cover the costs of your accident including your medical expenses, vehicle damage and so on. However, insurance companies often offer a settlement lower than you’re owed, which leaves you paying for some of the costs out of your pocket.
Before you speak with the insurance company following your auto accident, contact an accident attorney who can help you build your case and reach the best possible outcome, be it an initial settlement or all the way to trial.
The first step is to schedule your free consultation with a lawyer in your area such as our attorneys in Orlando. If the lawyer you’re meeting with charges you for this meeting, continue your search for the right attorney.
Once your consultation is scheduled, compile the details and evidence regarding your auto accident and come up with a list of questions to ask during your meeting. These are meant to help you learn more about personal injury law for auto accidents and about the attorney.
Some of the questions our lawyers suggest you ask include:
- How long have you practiced personal injury law?
- Are auto accidents one of your specialties?
- Are you a member of any bar associations and professional organizations?
- What awards have you received during your professional career as a lawyer?
- Do you often represent victims with catastrophic injuries?
- What is your evaluation of my case?
- What should I reasonably expect to receive in a financial settlement or judgment?
- What parts of my case work for us and what parts could work against us?
- Do you charge a contingency fee or hourly rate?
- If we don’t win, will I still have to pay you?
These are just a few examples of questions you should ask any lawyer you meet with. At Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter, we work on a contingency-fee basis, and if we don’t win, you don’t pay.
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, please contact our attorneys in Orlando today at (855) 880-4741 to schedule your FREE case evaluation. We serve clients in Orlando, Florida and nationwide.