The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.
Being injured in a serious accident can be a very traumatic experience. If your injuries were caused by the negligent actions of another, you are most likely entitled to receive financial compensation for your damages.
Considering the prohibitive costs of medical care and the potential for long term complications associated with many injuries, it is important to hire a skilled and experienced Daytona lawyer who can make sure that you are properly compensated. Find out how Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter can help by calling (855) 880-4741 today.
Choosing the Right Lawyer
After your accident, you will most likely be overwhelmed by lawyers vying for your case. There are so many lawyers advertising on television, radio, billboards, and the Internet that it can be difficult to narrow down your search. With so many options available, how will you know what to look for? How will you be able to determine which lawyer is the right fit for your individual needs and the specifics of your case?
What to Look For in a Personal Injury Lawyer
It is important to thoroughly research several potential candidates before deciding on your personal injury lawyer. The following tips will help you in your search:
- Look up the attorney's record with The Florida Bar. Make sure he has a solid success rate in previous cases.
- Find out if your attorney is board certified in civil trial law by the The Florida Bar or by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. There are many extremely competent attorneys who are not board certified, but board certification is one way of evaluating your attorney's experience and qualifications, as recognized by his peers.
- Ask any potential attorney to provide you with references from previous clients. If the attorney is unwilling to supply references, you should continue searching.
- Make sure that the attorney has handled similar cases in the past. An attorney who specializes in medical malpractice might not be the best person to handle your auto accident claim.
- Find out if the lawyer will be personally handling your case from beginning to end, or if a team of paralegals will be doing most of the work. If the lawyer will have others working on your case, inquire about the qualifications of the other members of the legal team.
- Ask about fees upfront. Most personal injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. This means that if you do not receive compensation for your damages, your lawyer will not get paid. Do not hire an attorney who does not work on a contingency fee basis for personal injury cases. It is also important to find out the specifics of the contingency fee up front so that you know what percentage of your settlement you will have to pay to your lawyer.
- Look up your potential attorney's ratings on directories such as Martindale-Hubbell or Avvo.com. These organizations will provide you with feedback from the lawyers peers that will help you evaluate his experience, skills, and ethics.
It is important never to hire an attorney who contacts you before you have contacted him. This behavior is unethical and should be reported to the Florida Bar at once.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by the negligence of another, the Daytona lawyers at Colling Gilbert Wright, & Carter can help you receive the compensation you deserve. Please contact our Orlando, Florida personal injury firm today by calling (855) 880-4741 or reaching out to us online to schedule a consultation.