The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.
The Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act (FCCPA) prevents unfair and illegal collection practices in attempting to collect a consumer debt. If you are being harassed regarding your debt, you may be entitled to receive $1,000 or more depending on the violation.
The attorneys at Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter are here to protect your rights. If you believe you’re a victim of harassment over debt, please call us at (855) 880-4741 for your free consultation. Our lawyers are proud to advocate for consumers from the greater Orlando area and throughout Florida.
Types of Harassment Tactics
Common violations by creditors and debt collectors include but are not limited to:
- Calling your place of work and harassing you over unpaid bills
- Repeated phone calls or voice messages with rude behavior or abusive language
- Attempting to collect money you do not owe
- Threats, including suggestions of arrest, prosecution, force or violence
- Contacting family members or other third parties about your debt without prior consent from you
- Contacting you after you have secured the services of an attorney; once a lawyer has represented you for the alleged debt, it is illegal for a creditor to continue to contact you
- Attempting to collect old debts that are now exempt due to the statute of limitations
- Attempting to collect debts after you have successfully filed for bankruptcy
- Falsely suggesting they are attorneys or government representatives
- Calling you between the hours of 9 p.m. and 8 a.m. in your time zone without your prior permission
If you have been a victim of any of the above practices, or have been otherwise harassed over your debt, please call (855) 880-4741 or contact Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter online today for your free case evaluation. Our attorneys welcome clients from the Orlando area and across Florida, and we charge no fees unless we win your case.