Prescription Error Attorneys
Prescribing the wrong medicine may include an error by your physician in writing the prescription or a mistake by your pharmacist in filling the prescription. Prescription errors also happen at hospitals when overworked staff actually administers the wrong medicine. If you are harmed by the incorrectly prescribed or administered medicine, you may have a prescription error claim and will need help from our Florida prescription error attorneys.
A prescription medicine error by your doctor may be caused by:
- Confusing the name of your drug with another similarly named drug
- Failing to ask you about your history of drug allergies or about other medications you may be taking
- Improperly prescribing medicines for “off-label” or unapproved uses
- Misdiagnosing your condition because of misunderstanding your test results, using incorrect diagnostic tools for your condition, or not responding to your abnormal test results which then causes prescribing you the wrong medication
- Ordering the wrong dosage based upon your physical condition or age
- Prescribing the administration of your medication at the incorrect time or using the incorrect method
- Prescribing the wrong medication for the treatment of your condition
- Writing your medication name incorrectly or writing an unreadable drug name
Even if the right medication was prescribed, you might have had an adverse reaction to the medicine that wasn’t properly treated after the fact.
If you or your loved one has been harmed by a prescription error in Orlando, or anywhere in Florida, contact Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter today. Our experienced Florida prescription error attorneys will evaluate your prescription error claim for free and represent you on a contingent fee basis, which means you don’t have to pay any attorneys’ fees until you recover on your claim.