The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens.
Auto accidents can leave you feeling overwhelmed, and you may also be dealing with severe injuries or the death of a loved one. Our compassionate and experienced accident lawyers at Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter in Florida understand how difficult this process can be for you, and we’re ready to help you fight for the compensation you deserve. We will make sure every detail of your accident claim is covered and provide aggressive representation to ensure all of your expenses are recovered as well as compensation for your pain and suffering.
Our attorneys know firsthand the impact that a serious motor vehicle accident can have on your life. One of the most heart wrenching cases we ever handled involved an SUV rollover, which paralyzed our client. We know that your life can be changed forever in just a few short moments, and while we can’t turn back the clock, we can help you put your life back together and make sure that you get justice from those who injured you.
If you or a family member has been injured in an auto accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Contact one of our experienced Florida accident lawyers at Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter by completing our online form or calling (855) 880-4741 today to schedule your free initial consultation. We will evaluate your claim for free and represent you on a contingent fee basis, which means we do not get paid any attorneys’ fees unless you recover on your claim.
What to Do if You Are in an Auto Accident
Here are a few tips to follow in the event that you are involved in an auto accident in Orlando, Florida, or anywhere in the United States:
Get medical attention: Make sure each person who has been injured receives prompt medical attention. Even if you don’t feel any pain right after the accident, you should be evaluated by a physician. Many times, the adrenaline from being involved in an auto accident can mask the pain of injuries that may have been sustained. Although some injuries are not immediately apparent, by getting prompt medical attention, you will have a better idea of the nature and extent of your injuries.
Contact the authorities: Not only will the police help handle and organize the situation, but they will also make a police report. The police report of your auto accident will often show who the police believe is at fault for the auto accident and may become evidence in your lawsuit.
Obtain contact information: Make sure you get the contact information of all parties who were involved in, or witnessed, the car accident. Each witness could be called to testify in the lawsuit, and it is important for our accident lawyers to have the witness’ contact information so we can gather and evaluate the evidence. The more information available to us, the better we will be able to represent you in your claim.
Obtain vehicle information: After an auto accident, you must gather all the details of each vehicle involved in the accident. This includes driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, insurance companies, insurance policy numbers, vehicle identification numbers (VIN) and the make, model and year of all vehicles involved.
Take pictures: Pictures of your car accident can be helpful during your auto accident claim because they can provide evidence of what happened during the accident and how the accident occurred in the first place. Photos can also be helpful for an accident reconstruction expert.
Determine what losses and injuries you have suffered: When you or a loved one is involved in an auto accident, the damage is rarely limited to your car. In addition to the physical damage to your vehicle, you may have suffered physical injury yourself. You may also have damages including:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
Download our accident app: Please download our Florida accident app, which is designed for auto, semi-truck and motorcycle accidents. The app will guide you through all these steps to ensure your safety and help document the motor vehicle accident.
Types of Auto Accidents
Our lawyers know how to navigate through the complicated process of filing and fighting for your claim with any type of motor vehicle accident. Accidents can become more complicated when commercial vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles, buses or pedestrians are involved. We have the knowledge and experience to handle the intricacies of these auto accident cases:
- Car Accidents. These are one of the most common motor vehicle accidents throughout the United States, and anywhere from 40 to more than 200 people die due to a car accident every day. The causes can vary from distracted driving, drunk driving, faulty manufacturing and so on.
- Truck Accidents. Truck accidents, such as semi-trucks, can be more dangerous than a car accident due to the weight of the vehicle. Fatalities and severe injuries are common in these types of accidents, and there could be several causes behind them. There are laws pertaining to the hours a truck driver can reasonably drive before fatigue sets in, along with inspections of all commercial vehicles, but distractions and oversight can lead to devastating accidents.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Motor vehicle accidents involving motorcycles often involve serious injuries as well. These accidents can be the result of "blind spots" in which the driver fails to notice the motorcycle before changing lanes or turning.
- Bus Accidents. The bus driver is often held accountable by the city or regional government for bus accidents. These large vehicles carry hundreds of people each day in major cities such as Orlando, and accidents are common. These cases are complicated because they involve government institutions or large bus companies. Our lawyers can fight for you and help you attain fair compensation for your pain and suffering.
- Bicycle Accidents. Biking to work and biking recreationally are becoming more popular, but even with bike lanes, bicycle accidents are growing in number. Severe bicycle accidents can lead to brain or spinal cord injuries, broken bones and facial and dental injuries. Seasoned bicyclists are often more adept at avoiding potential accident situations, but children, new bicyclists and those not privy to traffic laws are more vulnerable.
- Pedestrian Accidents. These accidents may involve children as well or elderly men and women. Pedestrian accidents can be caused by any number of situations including distracted driving or a child running into the street.
- Rideshare Car Accidents. With the rise of Uber, Lyft and many other rideshare companies, accidents are becoming more prevalent and increasingly complicated. Rideshare companies usually rely on each driver's individual car insurance, which may cause your claim to be denied.
- Railroad Crossing Accidents. Railroad crossing accidents are almost always devastating and cause the deaths of up to 1,000 people per year. Permanent injuries and resulting disabilities are also common. It's important to seek representation with our Florida firm immediately after a train accident.
Why You Need an Auto Accident Lawyer
You may not realize how vital it is to your claim that you have one of our lawyers help you through the legal process. Insurance companies usually have several lawyers at their disposal, which can make getting your claim approved and receiving compensation for your pain and suffering difficult. Our lawyers in Florida have dealt with motor vehicle accident cases for decades, and we know how to successfully handle your case.
There are several reasons to contact Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter after your accident including:
- Experienced representation. There are small details of your case that could mean the difference between little or no compensation and a higher settlement. If neither party has been found "at fault," then your claim quickly becomes more complicated. It's especially important to have an experienced lawyer who knows how to identify key pieces of your case.
- Higher settlement amounts. Insurance companies often offer settlements well below your actual medical expenses and lost wages. You should make sure all of your medical bills have been taken into consideration and any future health problems that may arise due to the auto accident.
- More time to focus on your recovery. Your injuries or a loved one's injuries take a large toll on your quality of life, and you need time to recover and cope with these changes. We can ease some of your worries by taking care of the legal aspect for you.
- You or the other driver did not have insurance. Insurance is one of the biggest hurdles to jump over during an auto accident case. You might be left paying a majority of your medical bills and car repair expenses if you were an uninsured driver at the time of the accident. You can, however, file a personal injury claim if the police report indicates the other driver was at fault.
- Other vehicle types or pedestrians were involved. If your accident happened because of a commercial truck, motorcycle or bus, your claim is going to be difficult, and your case will likely suffer if you don't have an attorney. Motor vehicle accidents involving pedestrians can be complicated as well.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident, please don't hesitate to call our lawyers at Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter today at (855) 880-4741 to schedule your free consultation. Our lawyers proudly serve clients in Orlando, Florida and nationwide.