The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens.
Recently, we reached a resolution in a claim of nursing home negligence on behalf of the family of Alice Anselm. In the spirit of true altruism and community service, her family used her settlement proceeds to establish Two Stars One Light Foundation in the honor of Mrs. Anselm, as well as her husband, who died from cancer. We honor the Anselm family’s volunteerism with today’s blog.
Community service is well worth the time
There’s no doubt that volunteering feels great and is of great service to the community. The problem usually comes down to time-freeing up enough of it to give back. But if you consider all the benefits that volunteering provides to the receiver and the giver, you might finding squeezing in a few hours here or there gives you a new lease on the rest of your life. Here are some wonderful ways volunteering can enhance our lives:
• It gives you a chance to develop a new skill or discover a hidden talent.
• It helps you connect to the community and realize you are part of a greater whole.
• It allows you to have a tangible impact on other people’s wellbeing.
• It can motivate you in new ways and give you a strong sense of achievement.
• It can provide a positive time trade-off for something that doesn’t contribute to personal growth.
• It shows you that even one person actually can make a difference.
• It can give you new career options. Employers look fondly at candidates who volunteer time.
• It allows you to explore different fields or lines of work that might turn into a real job.
• It encourages new hobbies and interests-often surprising ones.
• It provides highly hands-on life experiences that can enhance other areas of your life.
• It gives you a great way to meet new friends or develop more meaningful relationships.
• It gives you instant access to diversity-pushing you to work with people from all backgrounds.
There are so many positives to volunteering. Sometimes it just takes that first experience to get you hooked for life. So step out of your comfort zone, clear a little from the calendar and consider volunteering!