The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens.
Statistics show clearly that teen injuries from automobile accidents increase during the prom and graduation season. The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles acknowledges this fact and suggests that teens, parents, and school administrations work together to make sure teens can celebrate this wonderful time in their lives and stay safe on Florida’s streets and highways at the same time.
First of all, teens must understand that Florida law enforcement agencies have a zero tolerance for driving under the influence and that drivers under age 21 with a blood alcohol level of only .02 or more will have their license suspended for six months. Parents and teens should also remember these rules:
- Don’t drink and drive;
- Don’t get into a vehicle with someone who has been drinking;
- Buckle up – it’s the law;
- Keep cell phones on so parents can reach you, but don’t talk or text while driving;
- If you need help or assistance, call your parent or a trusted adult, and if it’s an emergency, call 911;
- Limit the number of passengers in a vehicle to minimize distractions;
- If possible, have parents or transportation companies provide chauffeur services.