The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens.
According to a 2011 study in the April Issue of Health Affairs, medication errors, infections, and other hospital mistakes are far more common than previously thought. The study found that adverse events occurred in about 1/3 of all hospital admissions! Consumer Reports On Health recommends you take the following steps if you are headed for a stay in the hospital:
- Bring a list of all the medications and supplements you take, along with a brief health history;
- Keep a log of all the tests, treatments, and medical consultations you have during your stay;
- Double check all medications and dosages before you take them;
- Have one person in charge of your care coordination, whether it is a doctor, a social worker, or a case manager;
- Keep your doctor informed;
- Have a friend or relative with you at all times possible;
- Ask questions and speak up to a nursing supervisor if you sense that your needs aren’t being met;
- Be sure all visitors and staff wash their hands;
- Be sure you understand your discharge instructions well, including medications you’ll be taking home and any dietary or activity modifications expected of you at home.
Victims of medical malpractice need experienced medical malpractice attorneys to know their legal rights in this increasingly risky and complicated world of health care. For a free consultation, contact CGWC and speak to our experienced medical malpractice attorneys.