The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens.
National Safety Month is observed annually in June, focusing on reducing the leading causes of death and injury. The Injury Facts 2015 report that was released by the National Safety Council cited falls as being the leading cause of injury-related death in the elderly. Our Orlando personal injury attorneys at Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter are proud to join in on the efforts of the National Safety Council on raising awareness on staying safe.
When involved in a slip and fall accident, the consequences can be serious and sometimes fatal. The following tips can help in reducing falls and ensuring a safer home:
- Secure carpets and make sure there are no loose rugs
- Remove clutter and clear space of anything that may cause someone to trip
- Make sure you have plenty of room to walk through all areas of the home and rearrange furniture if necessary
- Wipe up any spill that occurs immediately
- Make sure you have adequate lighting both indoors and outdoors
- Use non-slip adhesive strips on stairs and non-skid mats in the shower
- Use railings when going up and down stairs
- Install grab bars in tub, shower, and near toilet
- Make sure outdoor walkways are clear of ice
- Place nightlights in any room you may need to access late at night (bathroom, bedroom, hallway)
Though you can take the necessary measures to help in preventing the occurrence of injuries in your own home, accidents still happen. If you or a loved one have been injured in a slip and fall accident and reside in the Orlando area, contact an experienced personal injury attorney for a free case review by calling Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter at (855) 880-4741 today!