The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens.
While parents are well aware of urban myths, legends, or rare realities of razor blades in apples or poisoned candy, the fact is that your child is more likely to be injured by a car when trick or treating than to be poisoned or injured by bad candy. In fact, some news services report that children under 15 years of age are 4.5 times more likely to die in a car crash on Halloween than on any other evening of the year. Most of these accidents occur during trick or treat time, between 4 P.M. and 8 P.M.
- Make sure no one drinks and drives if you host a Halloween party;
- Remind your children to “Stop, Look and Listen” when crossing streets;
- Consider safety when choosing costumes, including nighttime visibility;
- Consider using reflective tape on costumes;
- Have your children carry flashlights and trick or treat in groups;
- Have an adult accompany the children when trick or treating;
- If you’re driving, never assume a pedestrian will yield to your right of way;
- If you’re driving, pay attention for children exiting driveways, sidewalks and medians;
- If you’re driving, stay off your cell phone;
- If you’re driving, stay below the speed limit.
From The Florida Firm, have a safe and Happy Halloween!