The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.
Auto Accident Lawyers
What to do if you are in an accident
Here are a few tips for you to follow in the event you are involved in an auto accident in Orlando, Florida, or anywhere in the US:
- Get medical attention – Make sure each person who has been injured receives prompt medical attention. Even if you don’t feel any pain right after the accident, you should be evaluated by a physician. Many times, the adrenalin from being involved in a car accident can mask the pain of injuries that may have been sustained. Although some injuries are not immediately apparent, by getting prompt medical attention, you will have a better idea of the nature and extent of your injuries.
- Contact the authorities – Not only will the police help handle and organize the situation, but they will also make a police report. The police report of your auto accident will often show who the police believe is at fault for the auto accident and may become evidence in your lawsuit.
- Obtain contact information – Make sure you get the contact information of all parties who were involved in, or witnessed, the car accident. Each witness could be called to testify in the lawsuit and it is important for your lawyer to have the witness’ contact information so he or she can gather and evaluate the evidence. The more information available to your auto accident lawyer, the better he or she will be able to represent you in your claim.
- Obtain vehicle information – After an auto accident, you must get all the vehicle information of all vehicles involved in the accident. This includes driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, insurance companies, insurance policy numbers, vehicle identification numbers (VIN), and the make, model, and year of all cars involved.
- Take pictures – Pictures of your car accident can be helpful during your auto accident claim because they can provide evidence of what happened during the accident and how the accident occurred in the first place. Photos can also be helpful for an accident reconstruction expert.
- Determine what losses and injuries you have suffered – When you or a loved one is involved in an auto accident, the damage is rarely limited to your car. In addition to the physical damage to your vehicle, you may have suffered physical injury yourself and you may also have damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
Download accident app – Please download our new Florida accident app which is designed for auto, semi-truck and motorcycle accidents, and will guide you through all these steps to ensure your safety and help document the motor vehicle accident.
Read more about Rideshare Car Accident Attorneys
If you or a family member has been injured in an auto accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Contact one of the experienced Orlando auto accident lawyers from The Florida Firm – Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter today to schedule your initial car accident consultation. We will evaluate your claim for free and we will represent you on a contingent fee basis, which means we do not get paid any attorneys’ fees unless you recover on your claim.