What To Do In Case Of An Accident
Involved in an automobile accident? What do you do?
- Stop immediately, but don’t obstruct traffic.
- Assist any injured.
- Assure the police are called.
- Take down the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Take down the make, model, and license plate numbers of any involved vehicles.
- If you have a camera, take photographs of the scene and the vehicles. Even a cell phone camera is better than nothing.
- Make a rough drawing of the scene, showing the position of the cars and other significant details.
- Remain calm, courteous, and consistent about your version of the accident.
- Notify your insurance company or agent.
- If contacted by another insurance company, don’t give them any statement and tell them you are hiring an attorney and will have your attorney talk to them on your behalf. And do not hastily accept any settlement offers until you have the advice of an attorney.