The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens.
July Fourth celebrations unfortunately coincide with a rise in traffic accidents and deaths. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reports that July 4 was the deadliest day on U.S. roads from 2006-2010 with over 700 people dying in motor vehicle crashes on those five days. Follow these safety tips and arrive alive:
- Avoid busy roads, if possible.
- Watch out for drunken or otherwise impaired drivers.
- If you are drinking, designate a driver.
- If you don’t have a designated driver, don’t drive, period. Call a cab. Call AAA’s Tow to Go Program at 800 AAA HELP to have your car towed to your home for free.
- Don’t drive distracted by smart phones, navigation systems, etc.
- Practice defensive driving.
- Don’t follow too closely.
- Get off the road to watch fireworks. Don’t stop alongside a street or highway to watch the fireworks displays because you are creating a hazard.
Use common sense. Don’t take unnecessary risks and become another July 4 statistic. And have a Happy July 4th!