Ronald S Gilbert
Ronald S. Gilbert is a top-rated personal injury attorney and founding partner of Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter in Orlando, Florida. His legal career began in 1983 when he was awarded the Doctor of Jurisprudence by the Cumberland School of Law in Birmingham, Alabama and subsequently admitted to The Florida Bar. He earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina. Mr. Gilbert has tried a number of civil jury cases to successful verdicts and has also handled several appeals in The Florida Supreme Court and Florida District Courts of Appeal.
Mr. Gilbert started his career with an emphasis in insurance defense litigation, representing auto insurance companies, but after just three years, he began representing injured victims and their families exclusively. He now practices with an emphasis in all cases of serious personal injury and wrongful death and has substantial experience handling medical malpractice claims.
His practice areas include:
- Civil Trial Practice:
- Contract and Business Litigation
Awards, Recognition & Professional Memberships
Ronald Gilbert has lectured on jury selection techniques, closing arguments, and numerous other topics at national seminars. He’s been recognized by and holds memberships in these organizations:
- Top Trial Lawyers in America By Million Dollar Advocates Forum: Ronald Gilbert is a member of this national trial attorneys’ association, which limits membership to trial attorneys who’ve won million and multi-million-dollar verdicts or settlements.
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America: Fewer than .5% of lawyers in America are invited to become a Fellow, which speaks highly of Mr. Gilbert’s qualifications and excellence in his field.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA): Ronald Gilbert was selected as a member of ABOTA in 2017 and is a fellow of the ABOTA Foundation.
- “Super Lawyer:” The Super Lawyers organization has recognized Mr. Gilbert for many years for his excellence and client satisfaction. He’s listed as a Top-Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney and earned the nomination from 2008 to 2011 and 2014-2021—A distinction given to just 5% of lawyers in each state or region.
- AV Rating in Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory: This is the highest rating an attorney can achieve on the esteemed rating system.
- Trial Masters: Members of Trial Masters are awarded a “seal of experience,” which recognizes their significant amount of time representing clients in the courtroom. This membership is given only to lawyers who can certify bringing 35 or more cases to trial.
- Trial Masters has fewer than 250 members nationwide, which offers real testament to an attorney’s courtroom experience.
- Mr. Gilbert’s Trial Masters membership puts him in a prestigious group comprised of less than .005% of U.S. attorneys.
- Member of The Florida Bar – Trial Lawyers Section
- Member of The Orange County Bar Association
- Member of The American Association for Justice (AAJ) – Professional Negligence Section
- Member of The Florida Justice Association
- National Member of The Order of Barristers
In addition to this litany of awards and memberships, Mr. Gilbert served as Chief Justice of the Henry Upson Sims Moot Court Board. He also served as associate editor of The American Journal of Trial Advocacy.
Ronald S. Gilbert was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on March 31, 1958. He and his wife have four children and enjoy living in Orlando, Florida.