The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens.
Summer is a great time to enjoy outdoor cookouts and grilling with friends and family. With July being the peak month for grilling, we also see a rise in injuries due to improper grill use, as well as an increase in foodborne illnesses.
Warmer temperatures are ideal for the spread of bacteria. To help prevent bacteria and foodborne illness this season follow these 4 basic steps:
- Clean your hands, utensils, and surfaces
- Keep raw meats from cooked meats apart by using separate cutting boards and plates
- Use a food thermometer to ensure that all foods are cooked to a safe internal temperature
- Chill leftover food or uncooked foods. You don’t want to leave food out in hot weather for more than an hour
It is also important to make sure that your get-togethers are safe from injury. Each year thousands of people are injured due to careless use of grills, to help prevent injury make sure to follow these safety tips:
- Always supervise a grill that is in use
- Use your grill in an open space away from your house, camper, tent, tree branches, or decks to help prevent the occurrence fire
- Keep an eye on your pets and make sure they stay away from the grill
- Do not grill indoors under any circumstances
- Use tools that are specifically made for cooking on a grill, preferably long-handled tools
The attorneys at Colling Gilbert Wright and Carter want everyone to experience a safe and enjoyable summer grilling season.