The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens.
With persistent sunshine and ocean breeze, it’s easy to see why Florida is considered a destination for lovers of two-wheel vehicles. As motorcycle riders and bicyclists explore our roads, it’s critical for the drivers of passenger vehicles to respect the safety of all parties.
In May the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration observes both Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month and Bicycle Safety Month. Riders of bikes and motorcycles can benefit by taking the following precautions:
- Wear a sturdy helmet and other safety gear
- Make yourself visible to other vehicles – when riding at night, ensure all lights are working and apply reflective tape to your clothing
- Use appropriate hand signals when turning to notify other vehicles of changes in direction
- Be aware of your surroundings, including changes in traffic flow, road conditions, and weather
- Ride sober – alcohol can lead to reckless behavior
- Follow the rules of the road – bicycles and motorcycles are both considered vehicles and, according to state law, enjoy the same rights and are subject to the same responsibilities as a car
Drivers are also responsible for motorcycle and bike safety. Motorists are required to share the road with two-wheel vehicles and provide the same courtesy they would to other cars and trucks.
Summer is about to begin, and people throughout Florida are gearing up for a ride. All of us at Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter wish safe travels to our friends riding bikes and motorcycles. If you are injured by a careless driver in a bike or motorcycle accident, our attorneys would be pleased to review your case for free.