Avoiding Holiday Traffic Accidents
This is the season of wonderful holiday parties with family, friends and co-workers. These parties can be fun and frolic, but they can end in tragedy if safety takes a back seat in your planning. Here are some tips to avoiding holiday traffic accidents.
- Maintain your automobile properly: Check the tire pressure, oil, lights, and fluids.
- Check the weather and plan accordingly.
- Plan your route ahead of time and consider safer alternative routes.
- Leave early so you are not in a hurry. Haste leads to mistakes and accidents.
- Don’t drive distracted, e.g. don’t text and drive or talk on your cell phone. Distracted driving kills.
- Don’t drink and drive. Either designate a driver who commits to drinking nothing alcoholic, or arrange a cab to and from the party. You don’t need to ruin your holidays with an arrest, or worse, a tragic accident.
Have a happy and safe holiday party season.