The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens.
If you or someone you love has been injured by the negligence of a medical provider, you need experienced legal representation you can trust. Not only are you facing difficult health issues that you shouldn’t have to endure, but also the emotional trauma that accompanies longer recoveries and long-term physical consequences.
Medical malpractice law is incredibly complex and requires the knowledge, skill, and resources of an experienced law firm. Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter has a reputation for success in medical malpractice cases, and is committed to obtaining justice for our clients.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice can take many forms. Some of the most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Surgical errors: These can occur if the surgical team left sponges or tools inside the body during a procedure, operated on the wrong side or the wrong patient.
- Emergency room errors: Emergency rooms can be hectic environments in which life or death decisions are frequently made very quickly. However, emergency rooms have a standard of care, and ER staff may still be negligent in certain situations.
- Anesthesia errors: Mistakes made by an anesthesiologist or nurse anesthesiologist can cause brain damage, permanent injury, and even death.
- Prescription errors: This type of error can happen for a variety of reasons, such as a doctor prescribing the wrong type or dosage of a drug, or a pharmacist making an error in the preparation or labeling of a prescription.
- Diagnosis errors: These errors can occur due to a missed diagnosis, delayed diagnosis, or a failure to diagnose.
- Dental malpractice: Malpractice isn’t limited to physicians; dentists and oral surgeons can also make serious errors that harm their patients, such as an anesthesia error or a missed oral cancer diagnosis.
- Birth injuries: A large number of medical malpractice cases are related to errors that occurred during pregnancy and childbirth. Cephalohematoma, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, shoulder dystocia and other nerve damage are common birth injuries that may have been the result of negligence.
Contact Our Orlando Medical Malpractice Attorneys
If you have been injured due to the negligence of a medical professional, call our medical malpractice attorneys at Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter today at 866-336-8563 for a free consultation. We serve clients in Orlando, Daytona, Melbourne, and nearby areas in Florida.