Ten Tips To Increase Your Driving Safety
We read this blog from Ameriprise and had to share it with those who follow our blog. As you know if you follow our blog, we emphasize safety and accident prevention often in hopes that awareness and education prevents serious injuries and deaths. Do you think you are a safe driver? Never assume you can’t improve your driving safety. Here are ten tips to improve your driving safety that are listed in the Ameriprise blog:
- Be aware. Keep your eye on traffic flow in general and on the car in front of you.
- Follow safely. Leave enough space between you and the car you’re following.
- Limit distractions. Give driving your attention and limit distractions – like your cell phone or music – to stay safe.
- Confidence matters. Drive with confidence and humility. Be brave, but be smart!
- Be smart about turns. Be aware of a car’s turning radius—especially when parking.
- Keep your eyes on the prize. Slow to allow someone to merge if lanes narrow, and look before backing out of a parking spot.
- Send a signal. Use your turn signals to tell other drivers your intentions.
- Drive local. Double-check local traffic laws to avoid easily preventable slip-ups, like speeding.
- Make safety matter. Make your safety and the safety of others your first priority.
- Be weather-smart. Choose to arrive late rather than getting a ticket or in an accident if conditions change.
Be aware, be smart, and drive safely.