Memorial Day Weekend Pool Safety Tips
Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend with friends and family! Often, fun by the pool plays a big role in celebrating this weekend. Remember to enjoy your pool safely so that a wonderful weekend doesn’t turn tragic. Here are some pool safety tips:
- Keep the pool attended by an adult at all times. Don’t leave children of any age swimming unsupervised.
- Always swim with a buddy. It is risky for anyone of any age to swim alone.
- No running or rough play on the pool deck or in the pool. Head injuries or temporary unconsciousness in the pool can quickly become a fatal event.
- Keep a phone nearby so that emergency services can be summoned promptly in the case of an accident.
- If at all possible, have someone who knows CPR at the poolside. If friends are over, find out who knows CPR, just in case.
Enjoy a safe Memorial Day Weekend!