The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.
In a recent report by Teletrac Navman, a GPS tracking company, Interstate 4 from Tampa to Orlando was named the most dangerous highway in the U.S. Using federal data for their findings they discovered that there is an average of 1.24 fatalities per mile on the highway.
At Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter, we use our extensive experience with personal injury law to help those who have suffered serious injury due to another’s negligence. We often see motor vehicle accident cases that involve a negligent driver and can help you hold them responsible for their actions while pursuing the maximum compensation you deserve and need for your pain and suffering.
We also value education and awareness to help the people in our area of Florida avoid potentially dangerous situations and know what to do in case an accident does occur. In a recent article from ABC Action News Tampa, the three most dangerous spots of the I-4 were discovered, and include:
- Around Tampa: Dating back to January 2016, there have been 503 accidents from Malfunction Junction to I-75. The majority of the accidents took place during the day from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. with Friday being the worst day of the week. In this area, the most dangerous stretch was determined to be by the Seminole Hard Rock Casino and the Florida State Fairgrounds.
- Around Plant City: Over the last 22 months, there were 388 accidents, with most occurring between 4 and 5 p.m. with Sunday being the most dangerous day of the week and August being the most dangerous month.
- Lakeland to Disney: The most unsafe stretch of the I-4 was determined to be between Lakeland and Disney with 755 accidents since 2016. The worst times were generally around 8 a.m., Saturday being the worst day of the week, and August is the worst month. The 15-mile span of highway between Champions Gate and SeaWorld is considered the worst of this area.
With these alarming crash numbers on just one highway, it’s imperative that all drivers practice safe driving and etiquette to help prevent serious accidents from occurring. However, in the unfortunate event that an accident does happen, it’s also important to know what to do. In the wake of any motor vehicle accident, you should:
- Seek medical attention if necessary
- Exchange information with the other driver
- Report the accident to the authorities
- Document the accident, including pictures
While these are just a few of the important steps you should take after an accident, they can dramatically help in the event you file a personal injury claim against the negligent driver.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured or suffered a wrongful death because of a motor vehicle accident, please call the experienced lawyers at Colling Gilbert Wright and Carter today at 855-880-4741 to schedule your free consultation. We proudly provide services to those who live in and near the areas of Orlando, Tampa, and Miami, Florida.