The hiring of a law firm is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Personal Injury Lawyers serving Daytona, Melbourne, Orlando, Florida and Nationwide.This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens.
The person financially responsible for your motorcycle accident depends on which state the crash occurs in. Florida is a “no-fault” state, which means the cost of motorcycle repairs and medical expenses are covered by your own insurance. You can file a motorcycle accident lawsuit against the other driver or trucking company to recover additional damages for your pain and suffering. Motorcycle crashes are more likely to cause severe injuries and death.
Determining who’s at fault for the accident depends on the circumstances that ultimately caused the motorcycle crash. One study conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found the fault lies with the car or truck driver up to 80 percent of the time.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Left turns—The car or truck either fails to notice your motorcycle or sees you and underestimates your speed.
- Rider safety—Motorcyclists should take driving and safety courses to learn defensive driving tactics to help avoid potential collisions and crashes.
- Lane splitting—It’s illegal to drive between two lanes of traffic in Florida, but states such as California permit lane splitting. However, accidents due to driving between lanes often leave the motorcyclist at fault.
- Fender benders—These accidents can be caused by either party, but can be fatal for motorcyclists, as they don’t have the protection of an enclosed vehicle or seatbelt.
- Defective products—Some motorcycle accidents are caused by the malfunction of part of the bike or due to faulty manufacturing. In this scenario, the manufacturer could be liable for your injuries.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle crash, please call our experienced attorney in Orlando today at (855) 880-4741 to schedule your FREE case evaluation. We can help you hold those at fault for your accident responsible. Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter represent clients in Orlando, Florida and nationwide.