Do’s and Don’ts after an Orlando Auto Accident
Knowing the proper steps to take after an auto accident can help ensure you are treated fairly and not cheated out of a proper settlement. However, taking action on the scene of an accident can be made impossible if injuries are serious enough to prohibit movement. If your injuries make collecting information difficult, your Orlando auto accident attorney will gather as much as possible during the investigative stage of your claim.
Following an Accident
If possible, following an accident you will want to:
- Call 911
- Exchange driver information with all involved motorists
- Get contact info from witnesses
- Take pictures with a camera or smartphone
- Contact your insurance company
Make sure to cooperate with EMTs and police officers, and to contact your own doctor for a full examination as soon as you are cleared to leave the scene.
Following your accident make sure you do not:
- Lose your temper
- Admit fault or even suggest you are partially to blame
- Talk to the other driver’s insurance company
- Neglect to contact our Orlando auto accident attorneys
Even if your case seems black and white, you will need an experienced attorney on your side to help ensure the best possible outcome.
If you are in need of a dedicated auto injury attorney in Orlando, please contact Colling Gilbert Wright to schedule your free initial consultation.